- Experience Beedie
- Program Options
- BBA Activities
- Your Career
- Application & Admission
- Meet the Undergraduate Advising Team
Scholarships, Bursaries, Awards
In addition to other SFU scholarships that are available, the following scholarships will be of primary interest to students entering the Beedie School of Business:
- Simon Fraser Entrance Scholarship: $34,000
- Simon Fraser Alumni Leadership Scholarship: $29,000
- Gordon M. Shrum Scholarship: $24,000
- Dean's Scholarships in Business Administration: $7,000
- Summit Scholarships: $3,500
- Tadeusz Specht Memorial Scholarships: $3,500
- Kenneth Strand National Scholarships: $3,500
Ongoing Scholarships for current students
For all eligibility criteria, refer to Financial Aid and Awards.
Bursaries and Work-Study
The Dean's Student Service Award is annually presented to a member of a BBA student organization who have jointly demonstrated outstanding service and leadership in the BBA community.
The award is valued at $1250, split $500 for the student and $750 for the club. A trophy will be presented and names added to the Dean's Student Service Award plaque on display in the WMC.
Each business club can nominate one individual who has been the most active and valuable during the previous three terms. The nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Be an undergraduate student
- Be a Business Major
- Have a CGPA of at least 3.00
- Have been active in one of the BBA clubs in at least 2 of the 3 terms of the previous calendar year
These are the steps to nominate your club's candidate:
- Discuss possible nominees and check with the Student Affairs Officer if you are unsure about the CGPA of a prospective nominee. Select one nominee.
- Ask your Club's nominee to provide a resume with specific emphasis on service, both on and off campus.
- Clubs should also present a detailed list of their activities of the previous year and how those activities benefited the BBA student body.
BBA students are also encouraged to apply for annual University Service Awards. Undergraduate students must have achieved a minimum CGPA of 2.00 during the term of their contribution and meet other eligibility criteria. The deadline for application for these awards is April 15th of each year. Check with Financial Aid and Awards for application forms and complete details.